maxcredits and samba

Steve French smfrench at gmail.com
Tue Jun 12 23:02:32 UTC 2018

Have been trying to debug the number of credits the client asks for on
reconnect, and noticed that it is hard to figure out how many credits
the server thinks the client has been granted.   Windows has lots of
great powershell commands for dumping server and network configuration
but it will only dump out the max not the current number of credits
apparently.  But I was hoping that for Samba server I could do
"smbstatus -v" or equivalent to dump out detailed information on the
session including the number of credits granted (but it doesn't seem
to display credits)

Any ideas the easiest way to dump out the current values for seq_low
and seq_range and granted and max from the per-session credits
structure in Samba so I can verify that Samba and the client agree?

--
Thanks,

Steve