testing build of popt form third_party

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Fri Jul 27 03:57:30 UTC 2018

On Fri, 2018-07-27 at 13:34 +1000, Amitay Isaacs via samba-technical
wrote:
> Hi Volker,
>
> On Thu, Jul 26, 2018 at 2:38 PM, Volker Lendecke via samba-technical
> <samba-technical at lists.samba.org> wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > ... along with two smaller ones. Review appreciated!
> >
> > Thanks, Volker
>
> None of the glibc based systems have iconv library.  It's part of
> glibc.  Only system I found that has libiconv.a is AIX.
>
> Build is currently failing on glibc based systems when trying to build
> with in-tree popt.  Attached patches to popt/wscript fixes the build
> issue.  Tested also on AIX.
>
> sn-devel has libpopt-dev installed, so build works. May be we should
> remove dev packages of third_party libraries from sn-devel?

I think we need to tweak script/autobuild.py to do a build with and
without it being bundled.  The --bundled-libraries option is for this,
and we do that already for cmocka.

See https://gitlab.com/samba-team/samba/merge_requests/34 for a
possible fix.

https://samba.org/~abartlet/