impersonation part7 (smb_vfs_ev_glue)

Stefan Metzmacher metze at samba.org
Wed Jul 25 20:54:36 UTC 2018

Am 25.07.2018 um 22:32 schrieb Jeremy Allison via samba-technical:
> On Wed, Jul 25, 2018 at 10:29:31PM +0200, Stefan Metzmacher wrote:

>>> Just want to check, these are changes planned for 4.10
>>> yeah ?
>>
>> Yes, it's to late for 4.9, it just went to master and will just be in
>> the next release (4.10 or 5.0).
>
> Oh thank goodness :-). I haven't had time to read
> through all the pthreadpool/VFS changes yet and
> I'm terrified of having to explain them to OEMs :-).
>
> Is there any change you and Ralph can do a highlevel
> design/overview document/description to help those
> of us who will have to work with this code ?

Start with this:
https://git.samba.org/?p=samba.git;a=blob;f=source3/smbd/vfs.c#l1458

It gives an overview how all this will be used.
Once the basics are understood, look at the specific implementation
of the wrappers:
https://git.samba.org/?p=samba.git;a=commitdiff;h=2dd95c1c38b9e1ce32d3

Then you can dive into the tevent and pthreadpool changes.

The first SMB_VFS users will follow tomorrow.

> Maybe at SNIA (not officially on the conference
> agenda, but informally in the plugfest conf room) ?

What do you think Ralph, maybe after our talks?

metze