impersonation part7 (smb_vfs_ev_glue)

Ralph Böhme slow at samba.org
Wed Jul 25 20:26:33 UTC 2018

On Wed, Jul 25, 2018 at 01:32:23PM -0700, Jeremy Allison via samba-technical wrote:
>On Wed, Jul 25, 2018 at 10:29:31PM +0200, Stefan Metzmacher wrote:

>> > Just want to check, these are changes planned for 4.10
>> > yeah ?
>>
>> Yes, it's to late for 4.9, it just went to master and will just be in
>> the next release (4.10 or 5.0).
>
>Oh thank goodness :-). I haven't had time to read
>through all the pthreadpool/VFS changes yet and
>I'm terrified of having to explain them to OEMs :-).
>
>Is there any change you and Ralph can do a highlevel
>design/overview document/description to help those
>of us who will have to work with this code ?
>
>Maybe at SNIA (not officially on the conference
>agenda, but informally in the plugfest conf room) ?

as a VFS implementer it's bloody simple and all the nastyness is (mostly) hidden
behind a cleve APIs.

You can take a sneak preview at my upcoming VFS change on how to use it:

Branch: <https://git.samba.org/?p=slow/samba.git;a=shortlog;h=8501cb1f4d1f8c5ac4129cceea679e580b6fd864>

A good example how to use it to implement an async getxattr:

<https://git.samba.org/?p=slow/samba.git;a=commitdiff;h=a736471c334c9fe7db37e37c2a601ce9ab51c9e9>

-slow

--
Ralph Boehme, Samba Team       https://samba.org/