impersonation part7 (smb_vfs_ev_glue)

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Wed Jul 25 20:32:23 UTC 2018

On Wed, Jul 25, 2018 at 10:29:31PM +0200, Stefan Metzmacher wrote:
> Am 25.07.2018 um 22:26 schrieb Jeremy Allison via samba-technical:
> > On Wed, Jul 25, 2018 at 04:36:47PM +0200, Stefan Metzmacher via samba-technical wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> here's an updated patchset. It also fixed a shutdown problem
> >> during a deferred open (we need to free all request before removing
> >> tcons/sessions). There's also a build fix and a vfs_not_implemented
> >> module that exports helper function for use in other opaque modules.
> >>
> >> An earlier version with the same content almost finished this pipeline:
> >> https://gitlab.com/samba-team/devel/samba/pipelines/26474532
> >>
> >> And a new one was also started here:
> >> https://gitlab.com/samba-team/devel/samba/pipelines/26485958
> >>
> >> We'll most likely push this version later today.
> >
> > Just want to check, these are changes planned for 4.10
> > yeah ?
>
> Yes, it's to late for 4.9, it just went to master and will just be in
> the next release (4.10 or 5.0).

Oh thank goodness :-). I haven't had time to read
through all the pthreadpool/VFS changes yet and
I'm terrified of having to explain them to OEMs :-).

Is there any change you and Ralph can do a highlevel
design/overview document/description to help those
of us who will have to work with this code ?

Maybe at SNIA (not officially on the conference
agenda, but informally in the plugfest conf room) ?

Jeremy.