Can we change samba local user password from Windows Client(When he logs on to share)

ein ein.net at gmail.com
Wed Jul 11 12:43:06 UTC 2018

On 07/11/2018 01:47 PM, Amit via samba-technical wrote:
> Any clues!!

Windows does not have interface for that particular action, thus it has no idea how to handle
password request back and forward. You need LDAP for instance Active Directory and domain enrollment
of that specific windows workstation. Then you can change password via Ctrl+Alt+Del or during first
login or via terminal services.

--
PGP Public Key (RSA/4096b):
ID: 0xF2C6EA10