[EXTERNAL] Re: Review Request: fix in samba-vxfs plugin

Pooja Mahadik Pooja.Mahadik at veritas.com
Wed Jul 11 08:41:22 UTC 2018

Hi Jeremy, Ralph,

Thanks a lot for review.

I agree with your test infrastructure point below. We will definitely look into this and get back to you.

Best Regards,
-pooja

On 11/07/18, 1:19 AM, "Jeremy Allison" <jra at samba.org> wrote:

    On Tue, Jul 10, 2018 at 05:54:29AM +0000, Pooja Mahadik via samba-technical wrote:
    > Hi Jeremy, Team,
    >
    > Please review below fix done in samba-vxfs plugin: diff is attached.
    > Issue:
    > not able to set attribute on a directory.
    > Fix:
    > Issue was during opening a directory file - it can't be opened with 'wronly' flag, fix is to open it in 'rdonly' or 'directory' flag.
    >
    > Build, and unit testing done.
    >
    > Please let me know if any other details are required.

    Hi Pooja,

    I'm OK with this change (RB+). But please note that
    right now you're the only people who can test this
    as we don't have a test infrastructure for this
    module.

    At the moment we're essentially acting as a host
    for your upstream code. I can do sanity checking
    on the C code changes here, but not much else.

    Long-term it would be good if you could set up a
    container-based infrastructure where we can test
    changes to your module.

    Ralph, can you look over the changes also ?

    Cheers,

    	Jeremy.