Review Request: fix in samba-vxfs plugin

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Tue Jul 10 19:48:58 UTC 2018

On Tue, Jul 10, 2018 at 05:54:29AM +0000, Pooja Mahadik via samba-technical wrote:
> Hi Jeremy, Team,
>
> Please review below fix done in samba-vxfs plugin: diff is attached.
> Issue:
> not able to set attribute on a directory.
> Fix:
> Issue was during opening a directory file - it can't be opened with 'wronly' flag, fix is to open it in 'rdonly' or 'directory' flag.
>
> Build, and unit testing done.
>
> Please let me know if any other details are required.

Hi Pooja,

I'm OK with this change (RB+). But please note that
right now you're the only people who can test this
as we don't have a test infrastructure for this
module.

At the moment we're essentially acting as a host
for your upstream code. I can do sanity checking
on the C code changes here, but not much else.

Long-term it would be good if you could set up a
container-based infrastructure where we can test
changes to your module.

Ralph, can you look over the changes also ?

Cheers,

	Jeremy.