GitLab CI saves sleep :-)

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Tue Jul 10 00:21:23 UTC 2018

On Mon, 2018-07-09 at 23:53 +0200, Stefan Metzmacher wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > The attached patch fixes this. I'm currently running
> > a private autobuild with it.
>
> It passed...

G'Day Metze,

I realise it is a very busy time, but I wondered if you might give the
GitLab CI system a try?

One of the really big advantages is that you can start a test easily
and during working hours, and by the time another developer has a
chance to look at your mail and patch, they can follow the link to see
that it was successful.

That can then save midnight e-mails like this one :-)

You can either port (sign in with) your github account into gitlab or
sign up fresh, but either way if you let me know the username I'll
gladly add you to the samba-team group.

https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba_CI_on_gitlab

Thanks,

https://samba.org/~abartlet/