WAF 2.x upgrade status

Alexander Bokovoy ab at samba.org
Thu Jul 5 08:39:57 UTC 2018

On to, 05 heinä 2018, Amitay Isaacs wrote:

> >> Attached patch fixes the tests.
> >>
> >> You can drop the patch that tries to use the installed run_tests.sh
> >> (ctdb/wscript: use generated ctdb_run_tests).
> > Thanks! Do you think we should keep bin in ctdb/?
> >

> I'm not sure what the correct thing to do is.  Did you change the bin
> directory explicitly? Or did that change happen automatically with
> waf-2.0?
It is result of unification. waf 2.0 has now 'top' and 'out' to point to
source and binary build directories. We also use 'top' to find out where
buildtools are, so end result is that out is defined as $top/bin.

It seems to play well with lib/* libraries.

> If it's not too much trouble, then it's easier to do sub-directory
> builds (e.g. do tdb or talloc build for testing) and discard them
> without having to touch the top-level build.
I'll look what could be done to preserve this use case.
--
/ Alexander Bokovoy