Python 3.6 (only) for 4.10? (was: Re: Samba 4.9rc1 and blocker bugs)

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Tue Jul 3 20:34:38 UTC 2018

On Tue, 2018-07-03 at 21:30 +0100, Rowland Penny wrote:

> And you think using an old version of waf isn't a regression ?
> The waf version used by Samba is that old,it has whiskers ;-)

Correct Rowland,

A regression in Samba means a behaviour (that is a bug) which is worse
in the new release compared with the old one.

While undesirable, maintaining our old version of waf into a new
version is not a regression.

The inverse is the case, a new version of waf is considered a feature,
and may address existing bugs that we have lived with for some time.