Cleaning up OpenChange

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Tue Jan 23 01:29:43 UTC 2018

On Tue, 2018-01-23 at 02:12 +0100, ser.olmy--- via samba-technical
wrote:
> I'm trying to get OpenChange to compile against recent versions of
> Samba, and I'm making some progress. Currently I'm stuck on the
> mapiproxy code.
>
> According to the comments in the file, dcesrv_mapiproxy.c (which no
> longer compiles), it's heavily based on dcesrv_remote.c in Samba. In
> fact, it seems the programmer just used the Samba file as a template,
> as even occurences of blank lines with tabs are identical to those in
> older versions of dcesrv_remote.c in the Samba codebase.
>
> My question: Is there anything I can read to get up to speed about
> the changes that occurred in Samba 4.5.0, when
> dcesrv_connection_context was altered? (Except the (entire) Samba
> source code itself, that is. :)

I would suggest the git log of the changes that were made to
dcesrv_remote.c and the rpc_server and try and follow things from
there.

I can probably help if need be.  But do be aware there will be much
more needed than just fixing that.

One thing that was changes is mentioned in the 4.7 release notes, where
a lp hook was removed.  There is probably another way to implement that
however.

This will be a long road.  I've CC'ed Jelmer who at least has some of
the OpenChange background, as most of that project has melted away
sadly.

As a matter of interest, what brings you to OpenChange?

Thanks,