Need msDS-PrincipalName Attribute

Scott Jordahl scott at jordahl.com
Mon Jan 22 21:43:36 UTC 2018

I have a 3rd-Party app that is requesting the "msDS-PrincipalName"
attribute from the Samba AD. msDS-PrincipalName is labeled as a
"Constructed" attribute (<domain>\<login name>) and I cannot manually
modify the entry by using either the MS LDAP tools or via phpldapadmin.
I need help trying to figure out if I can add the code to auto-generate
this attribute or a way I can override the read-only flag so I can edit
it manually.  I have a short list of users that need this attribute set,
so if I can enter them in manually if I have the ability. If via new
code, I need a hint on where to look and where it should be added. Of
course, if I'm going at this totally wrong, then please point me in the
right direction.

Thanks for the help!

-- Scott