net-ads-search crashes when tokengroups attribute is requested

Isaac Boukris iboukris at gmail.com
Mon Jan 22 13:06:20 UTC 2018

On Mon, Jan 22, 2018 at 2:58 PM, Rowland Penny <rpenny at samba.org> wrote:
> On Mon, 22 Jan 2018 14:34:07 +0200
> Isaac Boukris <iboukris at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Mon, Jan 22, 2018 at 1:44 PM, Andrew Bartlett via samba-technical
>> <samba-technical at lists.samba.org> wrote:

>> > Either way, we shouldn't crash and I don't see that either sssd or
>> > winbind is involved in the crash path in the 'net ads search'
>> > utility.
>>
>> Indeed winbind wasn't running at the time, but I can't see the
>> relevance. What is wrong  with the smb.conf? I am not using sssd.
>>
>> Thanks!
>
> If winbind isn't running, then it probably isn't surprising net crashes.

This net command does not seem to be talking to winbind, so I doubt it
is relevant.

I should have noted however, that it does not always crash now,
sometimes I get "Operation error" like you and sometimes the following
error (unjustified):
"search failed: No logon servers are currently available to service
the logon request"

Thanks!