net-ads-search crashes when tokengroups attribute is requested

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Mon Jan 22 11:33:48 UTC 2018

On Mon, 22 Jan 2018 22:08:51 +1100
Andrew Bartlett via samba-technical <samba-technical at lists.samba.org>
wrote:

> On Mon, 2018-01-22 at 13:00 +0200, Isaac Boukris via samba-technical
> wrote:
> > I guess this constructed attribute isn't supported, though it still
> > shouldn't crash (git master).
>
> It is supported, but only for a base search.  This is the same as
> Windows as far as I understand it.
>
> I agree, the client should not crash.  Any chance of a patch and test?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Andrew Bartlett

Hi Andrew, I am not entirely convinced the OP is using winbind, The OP
is using Fedora 26 and the debug output is showing this as the smb.conf:

[global]
realm = NETWORKING.LAB.ACME.COM
workgroup = NETWORKING
password server = ndc3.NETWORKING.LAB.ACME.COM
security = ADS
winbind use default domain = Yes
winbind nested groups = yes
winbind enum groups = Yes

Either the OP is using sssd or the smb.conf needs setting up correctly.

Rowland