FW: samba port 135 conflict with dce service on hpux

Wed Jan 17 06:26:36 UTC 2018

On Tue, Jan 16, 2018 at 03:48:18PM -0800, Jeremy Allison via samba-technical wrote:
> > Beyond all that, this is simply a matter of programming (unlike say if
> > someone wanted to share the LDAP port...).
>
> Oh if we already have the epm registration in source3 then
> it shouldn't be too hard to fix it up in the samba daemon.

Right. Even if we did not have it -- that would be just one or two
more RPC calls to implement. The benefit I see from registering with
an external epmd with "official" RPCs is reduced coupling. We could
start our own "standard" epmd completely separately. There are
standard protocols for this, we should use them and not invent our own
internal APIs, linking everything in.

Volker

--
Besuchen Sie die verinice.XP 2018 in Berlin,
Anwenderkonferenz für Informationssicherheit

phone: +49-551-370000-0, fax: +49-551-370000-9
http://www.sernet.de, mailto:kontakt at sernet.de