FW: samba port 135 conflict with dce service on hpux

Tue Jan 16 09:47:43 UTC 2018

On Tue, Jan 16, 2018 at 04:49:56AM +0000, Kumar, Arjit (SSTO) via samba-technical wrote:
> Hi Andrew,
>

> dced/rpcd provides below services depending on how it is invoked.
>
> ·         Endpoint Mapper
>
> ·         Local Location Broker
>
> ·         Host Data Management
>
> ·         Server Management
>
> ·         Security Validation
>
> ·         Key Table Management
>

> For more details of dced or services please refer dced(1m)<http://nixdoc.net/man-pages/HP-UX/dced.1m.html>.

The more interesting question is: What DCE endpoints does your
standard setup host? Does it already host any of the services that
Samba would also have to provide? It's highly unlikely that there's a
conflict, but we need to make sure there is no conflict.

Please provide a list of DCE endpoints that your current system hosts.
From the manpage I don't see how that can be listed, but this
knowledge will be essential for the Samba port to your external epm
anyway.

Volker

--
Besuchen Sie die verinice.XP 2018 in Berlin,
Anwenderkonferenz für Informationssicherheit

phone: +49-551-370000-0, fax: +49-551-370000-9
http://www.sernet.de, mailto:kontakt at sernet.de