FW: samba port 135 conflict with dce service on hpux

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Mon Jan 15 23:09:42 UTC 2018

On Tue, 2018-01-16 at 07:56 +1300, Andrew Bartlett via samba-technical
wrote:
> On Mon, 2018-01-15 at 06:41 +0000, Kumar, Arjit (SSTO) wrote:
> > Hi Andrew,

> > We are working official to enable AD DC on HP-UX 11i v3 at IA-64 platforms.
> > We can’t stop dced service running on port 135 on hpux.
> > Please suggest alternatives for the same.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Arjit Kumar
>
> Thanks Arjit for following up from your work address and giving the extra detail here.
>
> I now understand your determination!
>
> Volker's technical issues remain, but I'm sure something can be worked out.
>
> One of the wonderful things about Free Software is that the limits are
> not arbitrarily fixed, but flexible to whatever the engineers inovolved
> what it to be.

On the technical details here, what services are currently registered
with the port 135 end-point mapper on HP-UX?  (I'm just trying to get a
grip with the scope of the challenge here).

Thanks,

https://samba.org/~abartlet/
https://catalyst.net.nz/services/samba