FW: samba port 135 conflict with dce service on hpux

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Mon Jan 15 18:56:43 UTC 2018

On Mon, 2018-01-15 at 06:41 +0000, Kumar, Arjit (SSTO) wrote:
> Hi Andrew,
>
> >> Is there a good reason why you can't run up a Linux VM for the AD DC?
> We are working official to enable AD DC on HP-UX 11i v3 at IA-64 platforms.
> We can’t stop dced service running on port 135 on hpux.
> Please suggest alternatives for the same.
>
> Regards,
> Arjit Kumar

Thanks Arjit for following up from your work address and giving the extra detail here.

I now understand your determination!

Volker's technical issues remain, but I'm sure something can be worked out.

One of the wonderful things about Free Software is that the limits are
not arbitrarily fixed, but flexible to whatever the engineers inovolved
what it to be.