ldb_msg schema aware operations (was Re: [Release Planning 4.8] Samba 4.8.0)

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Mon Jan 15 09:52:54 UTC 2018

On Mon, 2018-01-15 at 22:39 +1300, Douglas Bagnall via samba-technical
wrote:
> hi Matthias,
>
> > I had a look at your LDB patch which theoretically seems correct. What
> > was the reason to have abandoned it?
>
> I don't remember exactly, but something more urgent came up and I forgot
> I'd even started (Andrew had to remind me).

It wasn't anything technical, it was just a work priorities thing.

>From here, what would be needed would be some really solid tests to
ensure it doesn't break anything (or fixing what depended on broken
behaviour).  That, combined with good performance tests that cover this
area (to ensure any regression is contained) would be the main tasks tomove this forward.