Last 3 autobuilds have failed...

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Fri Jan 12 13:46:32 UTC 2018

On Fri, 12 Jan 2018 13:15:31 +0100
Björn JACKE via samba-technical <samba-technical at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> On 2018-01-12 at 13:20 +0200 Alexander Bokovoy sent off:
> > 'template homdir' is configured in setup_admember() of Samba3.pm:
> >        template homedir = /home/%D/%G/%U
> >
> > %G substitution uses gidtoname() which is using getgrgid() call and
> > returns gr_name out of it. However, we do map 'domain users' SID to
> > domusers group, so technically this should be
> > /home/$DOMAIN/domusers/administrator if things are working properly,
> > isn't it?
>
> well, this reminds me of the idmapping mess why I wrote this patch:
>
> http://samba.2283325.n4.nabble.com/PATCH-s4-provision-don-t-mix-local-uid-numbers-with-domain-mappings-td4727638.html
>
> Unfortunately all the people I know who support the fix didn't speak
> up in that thread.
>
> Björn

I take it this test is an old one and Administrator and Domain Users
have been mapped in idmap.ldb for the last 5 years at least, so
wouldn't Administrator having the UID '0' and Domain Users having the
GID '100' have been a problem for all that time ?

I cannot see that mapping administrator to root on a DC is a problem,
in fact it would probably be a bigger problem if it wasn't.

Rowland