Disable the flapping tests for now?

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Fri Jan 12 08:50:39 UTC 2018

On Fri, 2018-01-12 at 09:34 +0100, Andreas Schneider wrote:

> I've had a short look with Ralph yesterday. Currently a patch for the change
> secret test is on the way to autobuild. The whoami test fails creating an smb
> connection to nt4_member using the machine account. It is possible that an
> earlier test breaks the secret.
>
> Possible culprit, see attached (in autobuild right now).
>
> For the idmap_rfc2703 test, it looks like that something prevents output.
> There are a lot of "echo" in it to give information but you don't find them in
> the autobuild logs. It would be great if someone could look into why we don't
> get any output.
>
> I will look into the whoami test.
>
> This is not a NAK but we need to improve debug output of that tests, would be
> great to do that first.

Thank you so much Andreas for the analysis.

I'm very happy to run multiple builds on the Catalyst Cloud for any
branches folks desire.

We can also, if desired, preserve the machines for a time for analysis.
Naturally everything costs, but so multiple builds 'just in case' and
days spent re-pushing autobuilds.   :-)

As you know I want to try and do some CI via gitlab, and this will only
be viable if we have a reliable build, so this remains a key priority.

Thanks,