ldb_msg schema aware operations (was Re: [Release Planning 4.8] Samba 4.8.0)

Douglas Bagnall douglas.bagnall at catalyst.net.nz
Wed Jan 10 05:04:26 UTC 2018

On 10/01/18 17:23, Douglas Bagnall via samba-technical wrote:
> My own work in this direction got this far:
>
> http://git.catalyst.net.nz/gitweb?p=samba.git;a=commitdiff;h=f04f93872de45625a4e55bb63b13e4c69525b24b

Matthias,

I think you will need to use a schema aware comparison for sorting the
lists, as I attempt to do in the linked patch. Otherwise the
bisections and such will fail.

For example, if you are looking for case-insensitive duplicates in
{A b C c d}, and the list is sorted with ldb_val_cmp(), you would see
{A C b c d} and the duplicate C-c would be separated and thus missed
by the optimised algorithm.

Douglas