[NIS] Can we remove --with-automount (default: yes)

Andreas Schneider asn at samba.org
Tue Jan 9 10:44:17 UTC 2018

On Tuesday, 9 January 2018 11:41:18 CET Andreas Schneider via samba-technical
wrote:
> Hello,
>
> can we remove --with-automount or at least the NIS code automount_lookup()
> or is someone still using NIS?

The --help from configure says the default is one, but checking config.h it
isn't there.

grep HAVE_AUTOMOUNT bin/default/include/config.h

This doesn't show anything. I think this code hasn't been compiled for a long
time ...

--
Andreas Schneider                   GPG-ID: CC014E3D
Samba Team                             asn at samba.org
www.samba.org