[Patches] Expanded group memberships on boundaries of outgoing trusts (bugs #13299, #13300, #13307)

Garming Sam garming at catalyst.net.nz
Tue Feb 27 21:38:37 UTC 2018

Hi metze,

On 28/02/18 05:54, Stefan Metzmacher via samba-technical wrote:
> While being there I had to fix a bug in the "extended_dn_store"
> module, where we allowed linked attributes to deleted objects,
> which should only be allowed for non-linked attributes with
> DN syntax.

I noticed this a little while back that Windows rejected such linked
attributes. My major concern was how this interacted with replication --
which may very well be able to add links to deleted objects (or some
form of rename ordering such that at least temporarily, the links to
deleted objects exist). This module is above repl_meta_data, but does
that actually mean that this is at a level where this doesn't cause
issues? Presumably this is implicitly tested somewhere, but it's not
clear where that is.

Cheers,

Garming