DFS-R client implementation status update

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Fri Feb 23 18:19:42 UTC 2018

On Wed, 2018-02-21 at 13:25 +0100, Samuel Cabrero via samba-technical
wrote:
> Hi,
>
> this is an update about the status of the DFS-R client implementation I
> am working on. I would like to receive some comments to validate the
> architecture and ensure I am in the right track before continue working on this, in particular about spawning a new smbd process to install the updates (see below).

Thank you so much for all your work on this.  This is a critical part
of being an AD DC that we just haven't had any support for so far.

I've not looked at the code, and while the approach of injecting into a
VFS module sounds very similar to the successful approach used in DRS
replication with the repl_meta_data module I can't say if it is correct
right now.

I do hope you can get come feedback and please be on my case if nobody
else picks this up.

Thanks!