Information on how to get kerberos ticket of the user in VFS/shell during conneciton

Thu Feb 22 09:34:36 UTC 2018

On Wed, Feb 21, 2018 at 07:50:57PM +0100, Manfred Furuholmen via samba-technical wrote:
> Hi Volker,
>
> thanks for the answer.
>  Yes AFS moved a bit forward,  today no one is using the kaserver anymore,
> all the installation are using a Kerberos 5 server (MIT, Heimdal or ADC),
> but at the end the akog convert the kerberos TGT in the AFS token, and from
> that point not much it is changed.
> For these reason if it is possible to have the TGT of the user during the
> connection we can convert in AFS  token and the pag will take care of the
> rest (thanks for the Samba model base on process), without insert the
> KeyFile to secrets.tdb

How is the conversion from tgt to afs token done exactly? Can you
point me at the code in the afs sources?

Thanks, Volker

--
Besuchen Sie die verinice.XP 2018 in Berlin,
Anwenderkonferenz für Informationssicherheit

phone: +49-551-370000-0, fax: +49-551-370000-9
http://www.sernet.de, mailto:kontakt at sernet.de