impacket: a raw client library in python for smb, dce/rpc, dcom, ntlm, krb5 et al.

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Wed Feb 21 20:56:39 UTC 2018

I came across this while looking for information on the old wmic and so
I could tell folks what happened it it, finding this:

https://github.com/dlundgren/py-wmi-client

https://github.com/CoreSecurity/impacket/tree/master/impacket

is a raw client library for many of our protocols, written in pure
python.

For example, there was a request that we have a way to test Kerberos in
the same way we do SMB, able to control the whole packet rather than
using the official API.  This would seem to allow that.

https://samba.org/~abartlet/
https://catalyst.net.nz/services/samba