Information on how to get kerberos ticket of the user in VFS/shell during conneciton

Manfred Furuholmen manfred.furuholmen at gmail.com
Wed Feb 21 11:23:38 UTC 2018

Hi,

We are actually trying to build a bridge between Windows and AFS,
because we need to replace the native AFS client(that is no longer
supported). We want to exporting with Samba the /afs/cell_name path
mounted on a Linux node.

One of the major problem is the token for the AFS cell, we want to
avoid to forge the token inside of the samba machine, and also we
don't have Kaserver anymore (If I understood is also removed from
Samba), for this reason i have a couple of questions:

Is it possible to have the user kerberos ticket during the execution
of the prexec during the connection to the share? (to have as a file)?

or is it possible to have in the VFS layer for the same operation (I
didn't see any call for that in the vfs) ?

Br

FM