how to set HAVE_CMOCKA

Andreas Schneider asn at samba.org
Wed Feb 21 06:56:58 UTC 2018

On Wednesday, 21 February 2018 06:50:20 CET Andrew Bartlett wrote:
> On Wed, 2018-02-21 at 12:01 +1300, Andrew Bartlett via samba-technical
>
> wrote:
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Clearly this shows that we must avoid having tests conditional in this
> > way, it is just too easy to think we are testing when we don't.  Also,
> > this is a really good argument for having patches create tests with a
> > knownfail and then remove it, because it shows the tests actually did
> > something in the first place.
> >
> > Andreas,
> >
> > Douglas has a patch for this under test, he will send it in once he is
> > happy with it.
>
> Andreas,
>
> Attached is Douglas' patch (on top of his rfc1738 patches).  As I
> feared, the not-run tests no longer pass!
>
> So we we start actually running the tests it causes make test to fail
> with:
>
> [1(0)/6 at 0s] samba.unittests.krb5samba
> [2(4)/6 at 0s] samba.unittests.sambafs_srv_pipe
> [3(6)/6 at 0s] samba.unittests.lib_util_modules
> UNEXPECTED(error):
> samba.unittests.lib_util_modules.test_samba_module_probe(none)
> REASON: Exception: Exception: reason (failure) interrupted
>
> I think this was your test.  Could you take a look at it?
>
> (Just to make life more complex we can't push the rfc1738 patches as-is
> they fail the -O3 build, but I'm sure that can be sorted tomorrow).

Its probably that the variable is only set when cmocka is installed in the
system.

+plantestsuite("samba.unittests.rfc1738", "none",
+              [os.path.join(bindir(), "default/lib/util/test_rfc1738")])

I do not see such a test in master ...

	Andreas

--
Andreas Schneider                   GPG-ID: CC014E3D
Samba Team                             asn at samba.org
www.samba.org