Samba Ceph dbwrap backend

David Disseldorp ddiss at suse.de
Tue Feb 13 13:43:29 UTC 2018

On Tue, 13 Feb 2018 13:48:38 +0100, Volker Lendecke wrote:

> > Interesting. The same should be possible for Samba when we eventually
> > have a Ceph key-value store backend for Samba's dbwrap, and then use
> > Registry configuration.
>
> Is there API docs around for this key-value store?

There are a few different possible approaches to take, the simplest
would probably be to use Ceph omap directly, which is documented at:
http://docs.ceph.com/docs/master/rados/api/librados/

Locking and transactions would need to be layered atop this, possibly via
a separate Samba Object Class[1] running on the Ceph OSDs.

All theoretical at this stage unfortunately, but I hope to get some time
to work on it in the future.

Cheers, David

[1] Ceph Object Classes (slide 28)
https://www.slideshare.net/sageweil1/20150311-vault15-librados