bashism again (was: Re: LDAP tests failing)

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Fri Feb 9 18:07:02 UTC 2018

On Fri, 2018-02-09 at 13:45 +0100, Aurélien Aptel via samba-technical
wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've run into many LDAP tests failing since last december. As I'm not
> really familiar with these parts I'm not really sure where to look. It
> seems most of it is unexected "display names" so it doesn't look
> critical but it is still failing.

It is a bash vs sh issue that has been raised here previously and I've
not dealt with yet.  It got broken by some changes in December.

Sorry!

> FAILED:  samba4.blackbox.dbcheck.release-4-0-0.ldapcmp(none)
> FAILED:  samba4.blackbox.upgradeprovision.release-4-0-0.ldapcmp(none)
> FAILED:  samba4.blackbox.schemaupgrade.schema_upgrade(none)
> FAILED:  samba4.blackbox.schemaupgrade.check_schemas_same(none)
> FAILED:  samba4.blackbox.schemaupgrade.schema_upgrade_old(none)
> FAILED:  samba4.blackbox.schemaupgrade.check_schemas_same_old(none)
> FAILED:  samba4.blackbox.functionalprep.check_databases_same(none)
> FAILED:  samba4.blackbox.functionalprep.schema_upgrade(none)
> FAILED:  samba4.blackbox.functionalprep.functional_prep_old(none)

Clearly I'm not doing well at getting to fixing it, so if you can look
at the previous thread and have a go at patching it please.

Longer term we also also need to rig up a test to check for such things
as part of make test (carefully).

In this case the syntax was broken in a dbcheck script so the tested
and desired meaning (what passes on sn-devel, ie dash) is the opposite
of the apparent meaning (what bash allows).

Sorry,