Failed to prepare commit of transaction: DRS linked attribute for GUID

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Thu Feb 8 20:12:43 UTC 2018

On Thu, 2018-02-08 at 17:17 +0100, Andrej Gessel via samba-technical
wrote:
> Hello Tim,
>
> sorry, I found my problem. I tried to backport you changes to 4.7.4, but
> it doesn't work well.
> Then I tried Version 4.8.0rc2 and after "..drs replicate --full-sync"
> call error was still there.
>
> After i read your mail, i start with Version 4.8.0rc2 again and after
> multiple runs of "..drs replicate --full-sync"
> my RODC was synced.
>
> Will these changes(missing parent/missing target) be backported to Samba
> 4.7?

The next Samba 4.7 release will not be far from the 4.8.0 release, so
using 4.8 would be a better option.  As you have noticed backporting
this is harder than it looks.

https://samba.org/~abartlet/
https://catalyst.net.nz/services/samba