Regarding "backupuid" option for linux cifs mounts.

Steve French smfrench at gmail.com
Fri Dec 14 23:40:32 UTC 2018

Can you try running this with more current kernel?  Looks like there
were 5 "backup intent" related fixes/enhancements added to cifs.ko
since 4.9 kernel (although at least two are for compounding which is
not being used in the older 4.9 kernel).  A key one that was missing
was on directory opens.

--
Thanks,

Steve