Extending Gitlab CI

Andreas Schneider asn at samba.org
Thu Dec 13 13:31:46 UTC 2018

Hi,

I've created a gitlab ci runner with Fedora [1] to do at least basic MIT
Kerberos testing [2]!

I would like to have that in team repo we use for development.

The gitlib ci runner images are build using the samba-gitlabci-build-images
[3] project to create the docker images. All you have to do is to push your
changes and a pipleline will be started to build a new image and push it.

In addition I'm trying to get csbuild [4] working for Samba testing [5] which
runs with additional warnings and static analysis. However it times out after
3 hours. This means the performance of the free gitlab ci runners is not
enough for a Samba build right now. I could decrease the cswrap timeout which
would we might get flakey results.

An example of an failing csbuild looks like this:
https://gitlab.com/libssh/libssh-mirror/-/jobs/128004825

How could we move forward with a MIT KRB5 build?

Best regrads,

	Andreas

[1] https://gitlab.com/cryptomilk/samba/commits/master-gitlab-mitkrb5
[2] https://gitlab.com/cryptomilk/samba/pipelines/39986833
[3] https://gitlab.com/cryptomilk/samba-gitlabci-build-images
[4] https://github.com/kdudka/csmock/
[5] https://gitlab.com/cryptomilk/samba/commits/master-gitlab-csbuild

Andreas Schneider                      asn at samba.org
Samba Team                             www.samba.org
GPG-ID:     8DFF53E18F2ABC8D8F3C92237EE0FC4DCC014E3D