samba-tool ImportError: No module named param

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Wed Dec 12 21:08:45 UTC 2018

On Wed, Dec 12, 2018 at 10:00:17PM +0100, Volker Lendecke via samba-technical wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 13, 2018 at 09:48:12AM +1300, Andrew Bartlett wrote:
> > The Python3 transition is an agreed Samba Team goal at this point and I
> > would just ask that you either show some patience or step in and help,
> > say with actual patches or investigation results.
>
> Ok, I'll shut up and work from 7d271450f71 for a while without
> rebasing. The python people completely screwed the world and caused a
> hell lot of pain, and if we could we should move away from it as
> quickly as we can. We can't, I know, and that is my anger. It is not
> about Noel's and everybody else's work.

Yep, that is a really good point. Everyone on the Team
working on the python[2|3] code has my support and
deepest sympathies working with a really bad situation.

And I really appreciate Noel's work in migrating us
towards a single language - it's the only thing that
could have possibly worked for us long term.

Thanks a *LOT* Noel !