samba-tool ImportError: No module named param

Wed Dec 12 20:20:59 UTC 2018

On Wed, Dec 12, 2018 at 10:00:48AM -0800, Jeremy Allison wrote:
> python2 -> python3 in the python community has been handled
> worse than anything we could have done going from Samba3 -> Samba4,
> so that at least makes me feel better :-0.

To me this situation completely disqualifies python as a reasonable
choice for any production use. Unfortunately we're too dependent on it
now, and that's the only reason they got away with it. The man-years
of effort they put upon the world could have been used much more
productively. The only thing I really fear is when they do the same
thing in 2021 with python3->4. Everybody will follow, and they will
feel even more powerful.

Volker

--
Besuchen Sie die verinice.XP 2019 in Berlin!
Anwenderkonferenz für Informationssicherheit

phone: +49-551-370000-0, fax: +49-551-370000-9
http://www.sernet.de, mailto:kontakt at sernet.de