Waf rebuilding issue with python3

Noel Power nopower at suse.com
Tue Dec 11 08:58:07 UTC 2018

On 10/12/2018 23:11, Stefan Metzmacher via samba-technical wrote:
> Am 10.12.18 um 22:44 schrieb Andrew Bartlett via samba-technical:
>> G'Day Alexander,
>>
>> Since we switched to using python3 to build Samba it seems that 'make'
>> always rebuilds Samba, without skipping existing built objects.
>>
>> Can you take a look at what might be going on here?
> Works fine for me here...
> (even using --extra-python=/usr/bin/python2 for my samba build)
>
> Did you started from a clean tree?
>
> metze

yep, this has been my experience, I have seen unexpected rebuilds but
always I could put it down to a stray 'make...' without the (at the
time) necessary preceding 'PYTHON=python3' I haven't seen it since we
switched to python3 as default. But... lets keep an eye out, I wouldn't
be surprised if such a gremlin is lurking

Noel