Integrate kerberos tracing

swen swen at linux.ibm.com
Tue Dec 4 09:36:21 UTC 2018

Hi Metze,

On Tue, 2018-12-04 at 10:21 +0100, Stefan Metzmacher wrote:
> Hi Swen,

> Do we really need a configure option here? I'd prefer to just use
> this.

Volker mentioned something the other day, that he would prefer a switch
for that, but that was in relation to if it is configurable.
If you prefer to have tracing included unconditionally, then we can of
course leave it out.
I'll go with anything the majority prefers here.

> We already have something similar in smb_krb5_init_context() for
> Heimdal. Can you also add the tracing for MIT there?
>
> I'm not sure, but I think it might be nicer to then use
> smb_krb5_init_context() instead of the raw krb5_init_context()
> so that we can't forget KRB5_TRACE_SET().
> What does others think about that?
> If we decide to use krb5_init_context() + KRB5_TRACE_SET() please
> make sure it also works for Heimdal.

Since, as you said, we have already something similar for Heimdal and
both (heimdal & MIT) will never come together, could we tackle this in
a separate/additional patch-set ?

Cheers Swen