GitLab

swen swen at linux.ibm.com
Mon Dec 3 12:58:15 UTC 2018

..to the GitLab experts.

I'm a bit unsure on how code contributions to samba
are supposed to be "processed" now.

So first a more general question.
The way I understood, it is preferred to have contributions
go to Gitlab INSTEAD of sending them to the mailing list.
Is that correct ?

Once they passed the tests on Gitlab, I create a merge-request.
But I just saw now, that this can be done in at least 2 places.

The Samba Team -> samba -> merge requests
and
The Samba Team -> Upstream Samba Development -> samba -> merge requests
What is the difference and does it matter which one is picked ?

Thanks for the support in advance.

Cheers Swen