A plan to get to py3

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Thu Aug 16 02:14:53 UTC 2018

On Wed, 2018-08-15 at 17:58 +0100, Noel Power wrote:
> Hi Andrew
>

> I suggest this for a couple of reasons
>    1. less mess in autobuild where the current approach needs all this
> duplicated stuff. ok, maybe you could come up with some lambda type
> thing in the various maps to avoid that (personally I am not a fan of
> lamba in such usage, it hurts my head when I look at it... and I
> couldn't figure out how to do it quickly when hacking this)
>    2. you can easily just pick a job from .gitlab-ci* and quickly split
> it (or leave existing ones alone if necessary)

I've given it a go myself, using the fact that autobuild.py is python
to get the extra jobs without massive duplication.  Have a look at:

https://gitlab.com/samba-team/samba/merge_requests/50

I hope this will help as we finish this off.

Thanks,

https://samba.org/~abartlet/
https://catalyst.net.nz/services/samba