problem about talloc with multi-threads

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Mon Aug 6 17:53:31 UTC 2018

On Fri, Aug 03, 2018 at 12:06:00PM +0800, ssdl.566 via samba-technical wrote:
> Hi all:
>         i want to know how to use talloc with multi-threads.
>         we need to access the same memory context , in multi threads,

You can't do that unless you use external locks to mediate.
talloc is *NOT* MT-safe internally.

>          i want to ask what is the right way to use talloc in multi-threads.

You can use separate contexts from separate threads, so long
as they are individual top-level contexts.

Look at the function test_pthread_talloc_passing() in
lib/talloc/testsuite.c for an example of this.

Jeremy.