Samba 4.9.0rc2 lmdb question.

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Wed Aug 1 11:38:50 UTC 2018

Hai i have a few small questions about the LMDB version.

I want to make test package for debian with 4.9.rc2 with LMDB.
I notice in the debian tree, 0.9.22

I saw in the changelogs these 2.
lmdb (0.94)  0.9.22
* Removed Python 2.6 support due to urllib3 warnings and pytest dropping it.

lmdb (0.93)  ?
* py-lmdb currently does not support LMDB >=0.9.19 due to interface changes in
  LMDB

So my question is, is it safe to start with 0.9.22 or is it better to start with 0.9.18-5 ( from debian stretch/stable )

> New Experimental LMDB LDB backend
> ---------------------------------
>
> A new experimental LDB backend using LMDB is now available.
> This allows
> databases larger than 4Gb (Currently the limit is set to 6Gb,
> but this will be
> increased in a future release). To enable lmdb, provision or
> join a domain using
> the --backend-store=mdb option.
>
> This requires that a version of lmdb greater than 0.9.16 is
> installed and that
> samba has not been built with the --without-ldb-lmdb option.
>
> Please note this is an experimental feature and is not recommended for
> production deployments.

Greetz,

Louis