Patch to support Scalable CTDB

Mon Apr 30 06:43:51 UTC 2018

On Sun, Apr 29, 2018 at 10:29:51AM -0700, Partha Sarathi via samba-technical wrote:
>      * Clustered locking.tdb record becomes "hot", bouncing between nodes

Is that really solved by partitioning of the ctdb cluster? I could
imagine that if you share the same file space you will see broken
locking by subcluster A not seeing the locks of subcluster B. If you
separate out the filespaces, you don't win much except less nodes
beating the same files. Does that really gain enough performance?

Volker

phone: +49-551-370000-0, fax: +49-551-370000-9
http://www.sernet.de, mailto:kontakt at sernet.de