Patch to support Scalable CTDB

Partha Sarathi parthasarathi.bl at gmail.com
Sun Apr 29 17:29:51 UTC 2018

Hi Ralph,

Thanks, for checking on this.

These are the slide deck contents of 2016 SNIA conference by Volker.

======
locking.tdb  Scalability

> Locking.tdb is Samba's central store for open file handle information.

* Every file open/close goes through locking.tdb
* One record per inode carries all share modes, leases, etc
* Modern clients \\server\share directory handle open
    * Nonclustered Samba copes with it, although records get large
     * Clustered locking.tdb record becomes "hot", bouncing between nodes
 * For the share root directory, you might cheat
       * Assign per-node fake device number for \
        * No record bouncing, no cross share modes
 * phonebook.exe still a problem
     * Split up locking.tdb per node and global component >>>>> So I
started scratching :-)
* Only store the strictest share mode in ctdb
   * Keep individual share modes local per node.

======

I hope my understanding is correct and  I started trying to solve the above
problem, if not please correct me and shed some light  and please
suggest/provided an alternate solution to scale CTDB in the large node
cluster.

Regards,
--Partha

--