Discuss: samba-tool configure subcommand

Douglas Bagnall douglas.bagnall at catalyst.net.nz
Wed Apr 25 23:10:27 UTC 2018

hi William,

On 24/04/18 18:05, William Brown via samba-technical wrote:
> I've been setting up and trying to use samba 4 at home as my primary
> authentication source. While doing this, I've noticed a few things in
> samba-tool that could be improved to aid usability of the domain
> controller functions for administrators.

I'm not able to properly review these patches this week, but I would
like to encourage you to make improvements like this.

The intersection of people who simultaneously

1. understand the underlying concepts,
2. are new Samba users, and
3. have the means to make improvements

is vanishingly small (i.e. it's you). We need you to write these
patches before Stockholm syndrome sets in and you internalise the
existing UI as a-priori correct.

cheers,
Douglas