Work on SMB3 persistent handles

Ralph Böhme slow at samba.org
Tue Apr 10 19:26:41 UTC 2018

Hi Chris,

On Tue, Apr 10, 2018 at 12:30:42PM -0500, Christopher R. Hertel wrote:
> I don't know if it is of any use to you at this point but, as mentioned
> earlier, Albert (VMware) and I managed to put together a small number of
> patches that properly handle the protocol piece of this.  Our code passes
> the smbtorture and Windows Protocol Test Suite tests for Persistent Handles,
> but doesn't have the backing store you are building into dbwrap.

So the Windows test suite doesn't really test server node failures? Hm.

> Perhaps you've already referenced it.  It was based on work you and Michael
> Adam had done previously.  It's in the repository I set up a while ago:
> https://git.samba.org/crh/ContinuousAvail.git/

glad to hear you made progress and got something working.

Well, I guess my patches cover your basic option and SMB layer processing one
way or another.

The trickiest part is getting the dbwrap backends and API right. Once that is in
place, the rest is just plumbing it through the layers. :)

-slow

--
Ralph Boehme, Samba Team       https://samba.org/
Samba Developer, SerNet GmbH   https://sernet.de/en/samba/