Work on SMB3 persistent handles

Christopher R. Hertel crh at samba.org
Tue Apr 10 17:30:42 UTC 2018

Ralph,

I don't know if it is of any use to you at this point but, as mentioned
earlier, Albert (VMware) and I managed to put together a small number of
patches that properly handle the protocol piece of this.  Our code passes
the smbtorture and Windows Protocol Test Suite tests for Persistent Handles,
but doesn't have the backing store you are building into dbwrap.

Perhaps you've already referenced it.  It was based on work you and Michael
Adam had done previously.  It's in the repository I set up a while ago:
https://git.samba.org/crh/ContinuousAvail.git/

Chris -)-----