[RFC] incorrect dosmode on stream associated with dir

Andrew Walker awalker at ixsystems.com
Mon Apr 9 22:55:25 UTC 2018

Hi all,

Some of our users have reported that in the following situation:
(1) streams_xattr was enabled,
(2) store dos attributes = yes,
and
(3) stream exists on a directory (i.e. Dir:AFP_AfpInfo)

when they try to copy "Dir" in File Explorer on a Windows 7 clients,
Windows displays "invalid MS-DOS function" and fails to copy the directory
in question. Windows 10, Server 2016 are not affected.

Packet captures indicated that in the above situation Samba is setting
FILE_ATTRIBUTE_DIRECTORY on Dir:AFP_AfpInfo in the related GetInfo
response. Note that from what I have observed, Windows servers do not set
this attribute.

I applied the attached patch and it fixed the above behavior.

Thank you,
Andrew