samba-tool domain backup and xattrs

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Mon Apr 9 09:27:25 UTC 2018

On Mon, 2018-04-09 at 09:11 +0100, Rowland Penny wrote:
> No, it says to me that because a Catalyst client wants to do an
> 'Authoritative' restore, everybody must do so, even though this is
> totally unnecessary.
>
> If you have a good backup of ANY DC, you just need to restore this to
> the DC it came from (same FQDN, IP) and it will work. Yes, you will
> have to remove all the other dead DCs and seize the FSMO roles, but it
> would work.

Now I'm confused, Isn't what you describe just what metze asked for and
what I've said we are implementing?

Beyond that I think perhaps we should park this in any case until Aaron
has a chance to finish his tool.  He is working on the xattr
requirement and I'm very glad this was raised as it was overlooked at
the requirements stage.

Thanks,